December 16, 2014

What Shall I Do With My Life?

That is a big question.
It has a big answer, but not the detailed ten-page-thesis answer some might expect. The answer comes in minuscule instalments.
I answer it every day, in every moment.

What shall I do with my life?

My life is not something that exists in the past, nor does it exist in the future.
It's happening right now.

And how I choose to fill
each
little
moment
defines what I desire to do with my life.
See, having a purpose for your life is not something you stumble upon the day you finally grow up.
I'm defining my life's mission right now.  

Each choice, each word, reflects on the object of my passion and projects my life forward
in obedience to God
or in defiance of Him.
In grace
or in pain.

What shall I do with my life?

I'm going to finish cleaning out that cupboard under the sink. And maybe I'll do some dishes.

See, the right answer to that question is not very glamorous. 
In fact, it's downright dirty sometimes.
And hard.

But matter is made of atoms
and mosaics are made of fragments
and cars are made of parts
and cloth is made of thread
and life is made of moments.

Which is why you need to answer that question right now. Don't wait until tomorrow to live your life. Now do it again. And again.
And craft the gorgeous masterpiece your life is meant to be
by claiming life
in the moments
before they slip away.

What will you do with your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for you! Please get all you can out of it by asking questions and giving me your opinions! Let me know how God is working in your lives. If you post a prayer request, I will pray for you!